Dr. Ismail Mondal
Department of Mining Engineering, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology
Dr. Ismail Mondal is presently working as a Faculty of Geoinformatics, Dept. of Mining Engineering, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur. Dr. Mondal, formerly Assistant Professor, School of Oceanographic Studies, Jadavpur University from 2019 2020, Post-Doctoral Fellow and Guest Faculty in the Dept. of Marine Science, University of Calcutta from 2017-2019, and as a Guest Faculty Dept. of Remote Sensing and GIS, Vidyasagar University from 2013 to 2017. He has completed his Masters and Ph. D Degree, Dept. of Remote Sensing and GIS, Vidyasagar University, India. He has published more than 50 papers in National and International Journal. He has attended the training, workshops and conference more than 50 both National and International organizations.
Dr. Mondal is an Honorable Advisory Group Member and Guest Scientist- Space and Environmental Research Center (SERC), University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh (2015 to till date.).
Fellow of many of the leading scientific academies of India and abroad i.e.
• Research Excellent Award Winners, Institute of Investigation in Remote Sensing and GIS-QIP, IIRS-Outreach Network-Indian Territory (2020)
• Young Scientist: Central Ground Water Authority & Central Ground Water Board Eastern Region, Kolkata. (2016)
• National Post-Doctoral Fellowship (NPDF): Dept. of Science and Technology Govt. of India (2017)
• Best Paper Presentation Award, XXXIII INCA International Congress, Jodhpur, India. (2013)
• UGC Research Fellow, Maulana Azad National Fellowship, Govt. of India (2012).
• Satellite Data Processing and Modeling
• Physical Geography, Geomorphology and Oceanography
• Environmental Modeling in Remote Sensing and GIS application of Marine and Coastal Biological Modeling i.e. Sea Level Rise, SST, Chlorophyll, SSA, Salinity and Climate Change
• Drone Technology Data Processing and Applications
• Disaster and Risk Management
• Water Resource and Water Quality, Soil and LULC
• Forest Resource Mapping, Mangrove Ecosystem and Wetland Management
• Hydrological River Modeling